All Cappel seed and grain production is NON-GMO and has been for over 30 years. There is no nearby GMO pollen – so they have only a small chance of GMO pollen drift so their seed is not contaminated with GMO pollen. Ranging from 98 to 99.5% GMO free.
- All seed to be used for organic will be lab tested for exact GMO purity. A printed result sheet will be provided to the buyer.
- All seed is graded by color sorters which remove cracked, diseased, off color and damaged seeds – this tremendously improves the final seed quality. In fact Cold Germination of the seed is generally in the mid 80%s running up to the low 90%s because of extreme care in conditioning and using color sorters. Warm germs are always over 95%.
- Excellent conditioning results in better stands of the highest quality seed. Better stands mean more yield, as much as eight bushels per every extra 1,000 plants producing ears.
- Excellent conditioning helps the vigorous hybrids to even more early vigor, faster early growth, and faster ground cover to help slow down weed growth.
- Most hybrids have a growth pattern of lateral wide leaves for early growth helping with the ground cover, then the higher leaves are semi erect to intercept more sunlight which leads to higher yields.
- All hybrids have very strong plant health, strong agronomics – great stalks, roots and disease resistance and high test weight. Many are food grade quality grain producing hybrids for possible premium grain contracts.
It’s hard to find opportunities like Cappel Certified Seed Corn – with all the benefits listed here at a very economical price. Contact us to learn more!