Conventional corn can yield the same or better than GMO seed and it costs just a fraction of the price.
- Seed that is used for organic can be lab tested for exact GMO purity. A printed result sheet will be provided to the buyer.
- All seed is graded by color sorters which remove cracked, diseased, off color and damaged seeds – this tremendously improves the final seed quality. In fact Cold Germination of the seed is generally in the mid 80%s because of extreme care in conditioning and using color sorters. Warm germs are usually over 95%.
- Excellent conditioning results in better stands of the highest quality seed. Better stands mean more yield, as much as eight bushels per every extra 1,000 plants producing ears.
- Excellent conditioning helps the vigorous hybrids to even more early vigor, faster early growth, and faster ground cover to help slow down weed growth.
- Many hybrids have a growth pattern of lateral wide leaves for early growth helping with the ground cover, then the higher leaves are semi erect to intercept more sunlight which leads to higher yields.
- All hybrids have very strong plant health, strong agronomics – great stalks, roots and disease resistance and high test weight. Many are food grade quality grain producing hybrids for possible premium grain contracts.
Contact us to learn more!